MASS TIMBER BUILDINGS
Mass timber buildings are becoming common place in Toronto and Canada. As building code consultants and fire engineers Vortex Fire have led the way in assisting architects with alternative solution applications and building code compliance. Projects have ranged from six storey Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) buildings to 11 storey office building using Nailed Laminated timber.
Of particular note are the following projects which Vortex Fire prepared the building code compliance reports, alternative solutions, and fire resistance calculations to demonstrate compliance with the Ontario Building Code.
- 77 Wade Avenue, Toronto, 7 storey mass timber
- T3 Bayside, Toronto, 11 storey mass timber
- Toronto Regional Conservation Authority (TRCA) new headquarters, Toronto, 4 storey mass timber
- V6, 6 storey mass timber, Toronto
- Riverbanks Lofts, Hespler, 4 storey heavy timber