Faimeen F. Shah
A Chartered Professional Engineer (Fire Safety) and Fellow with The Institution of Engineers Australia, Faimeen has been in the fire safety industry for over 20 years, offering his expertise in fire safety consultancy, complex fire engineering analysis and project execution.
Having previously worked with reputable multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies and fire testing organisations, Faimeen is currently the Managing Director and founder of Vortex Fire.
Faimeen helps developers and designers to prepare bespoke fire safety strategies to enhance life safety, protect property, improve business continuity, and reduce environmental impact. He contributes to many standards code committees such as NFPA, SFPE and ASTM.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering), University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering), University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Master of Fire Safety Engineering, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Life safety code with focus on occupancies, National Fire Protection Association, USA
- Accredited certifier program, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Strategic leadership & service excellence, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Arabic language beginner, University of Wollongong in Dubai, UAE
- External fire spread risk in tall building design, University of Queensland, Australia
- Fire and life safety design of very tall buildings: challenges and strategies, SFPE, New Zealand
- Certified Dubai Civil Defence (DCD) & Abu Dhabi Civil Defence (ADCD) House of Expertise (HOE) fire consultant
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Fire Safety Engineering) and Fellow, The Institution of Engineers Australia