The Hamilton / Niagara Chapter of Construction Specifications Canada and The Hamilton Burlington Society of Architects will host an evening of networking and interactive presentations highlighting design and construction practices using engineered wood products, mass timber panel systems. The event will take place on Wednesday October 24, 2018 at Shawn & Ed Brewing Co., 65 Hatt Street, Dundas, ON, Canada.
Jack Keays will speak about current wood projects including the recently approved eight storey wood building at 77 Wade Avenue, Toronto, the restoration of a wood building in Cambridge, and mass timber and wood design considerations for Designers and Specifiers.
The presentation will include discuss:
- Ontario Building Code Requirement,
- Role of the building code consultant in tall wood buildings,
- Alternative solution applications to address compliance with the building code,
- Proposed changes to the National Building Code of Canada and International Building Code, and
- Tall wood buildings in Toronto.