Key changes to UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice 2018 Edition
The UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice has been updated in September 2018.
Some of the key changes between the August 2017 version to this latest issue are:
- Requirement of spandrels for all buildings except low rise and open parking structures. Previous concession for sprinkler protected buildings is not applicable as per the revised code.
- Balconies are required to be provided with fire sprinkler protection.
- GRC cladding is required to be tested as a product and assembly similar to ACP cladding.
- Emergency vehicular access required to at least 25% of tower perimeter when located above a podium.
- Reduced requirement for fire pumpsets and fire water storage duration.
- Concessions on fire protection of electrical and telephone rooms.
- Requirement for smoke detection and alarm system in private villas.
For more information, you can download a copy of our presentation outlining the key changes:
A copy of the new 2018 code can be downloaded from Dubai Civil Defence (DCD) website.
Please contact our Dubai office for further details.